Development Department Assistants will gain a strong understanding of the fundamentals of fundraising and volunteer management at Canal Alliance. Typical duties involve donor and grants research, data entry, and assembling mailings. We offer training and support for this role, which is a great résuméenhancer for anyone interested in nonprofit career development.
We have a special need for volunteers with nice penmanship who would like to support our volunteer and donor recognition efforts.
Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older
3 hours per week or more
Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Research potential donors and new funding opportunities
- Perform data entry and update donor and volunteer records in our database(Salesforce)
- Prepare and send donor acknowledgment letters
Skills & Competencies
- Proficient with MS Office and Salesforce experience preferred but not required
- Strong English language grammar and punctuation