The Development Department is responsible for raising Canal Alliance’s annual $13+ million budget. Our volunteers help with our mailings, including writing personalized notes to donors, handwriting addresses, and folding, stuffing and stamping envelopes. Volunteers also make thank you phone calls to donors to express our gratitude for their support. These tasks are essential in helping Canal Alliance to build strong, long-term relationships with our donors.
AGES: 18 YEARS OR OLDER
Youth 15 to 17 years of age may participate but will require written parental consent and MUST be accompanied by a parent or guardian while volunteering.
Volunteers are needed on an ongoing basis (weekly or monthly) to assist with donor phone calls, regular mailings, and other administrative activities.
Volunteers are also needed for occasional larger mailings (approximately 6 times a year).
- Fill out Canal Alliance forms through DocuSign (forms will be emailed by the Volunteer Coordinator).
- Attend a virtual Onboarding Training prior to volunteering.
- Handwriting notes to donors and addressing envelopes and postcards
- Folding letters, sealing and stamping envelopes
- Making thank you calls to donors and taking notes on conversations
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Administrative skills including note-taking and legible handwriting
- Comfort talking on phone with strangers
- Cultural competence in working with diverse populations, including communities of color, immigrants, and persons of various ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, health status, and abilities.
Ready to apply? Email Emily Maloney at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.