- Immigrant Families Fund: For undocumented immigrants in the Bay Area, offered by Mission Asset Fund. Requirements include having a bank account and an email address.
Unemployment and Safety Net
- Public Benefits – There are many programs that can support families meet their essential needs, such as food support, healthcare, and financial assistance. Even if you are undocumented, your children may be eligible for this support.
- To enroll in Medi-Cal, CalFresh, CalWorks, call the Public Assistance Call Center: 1.877.410.8817
- You can enroll for CalFresh in 10 minutes online here
- Marin Community Clinics can help you enroll in Covered CA, Medi-Cal, Path to Health (primary care coverage for undocumented patients at MCC), CalFresh, CalWorks, Medicare (information only), and CMSP. For assistance call 415.448.1500 or email email@example.com
- Need help filing California Unemployment Insurance, State Disability Insurance, or Paid Family Leave?
- Free assistance is available from Canal Alliance – call 415.454.2640 to schedule an appointment with a case manager.
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice and the Filipino Bar Association of Northern California (FBANC) are also offering an Unemployment Insurance assistance line. Call (415) 484-2209 and leave a voicemail to request a consultation.
- Am I Eligible? Immigration-Related Eligibility Requirements for Benefits Under New Federal Laws
- Legal Aid of Marin – Housing evictions or other disputes, and employment issues. Legal Aid of Marin is available by telephone and email. For new appointments, contact 415-492-0230 or online request.
Broadband Internet Resources
- Low Cost Internet Service – San Rafael COVID-19 Internet Options
- As the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic start to subside, Pacific Gas and Electric Company(PG&E) encourages customers with past due balances to explore available financial assistance programs now, before the emergency customer protections come to an end. For more information click here.
If you believe that you are eligible to apply for DACA, please FILL OUT THIS FORM: https://ww5.welcomeclient.com/nggate/intake/general/61741. To change the language of the form, select from the menu on the top right. Once you have filled out this form, a member of our legal team will call you to set up an appointment. If you have difficulty filling out the form, please call (415) 448-8679 and we will help you fill it out.
- We encourage DACA beneficiaries who can to self-file their renewal (unless they have had any contact with the criminal legal system, in which case it is important to consult with an immigration attorney). See our blog post for more information and step-by-step instructions on how DACA beneficiaries can renew on their own here.