PRESIDENT OBAMA EXECUTIVE ORDER
1. Main points of the Executive Order:
- The Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program will be expanded to people who are older than 30 who came to this country before turning 16 years old and have been present since January 1, 2010.
- Parents of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents who have been present in the country since January 1, 2010 will be able to request deferred action and employment authorization for three years.
- The “Secure Communities” program will end and immigration officials will target only those who have been convicted of certain serious crimes or who pose a danger to national security.
- Provisional waivers of unlawful presence will be expanded to include the spouses and sons and daughters of lawful permanent residents and the sons and daughters of U.S. citizens.
3. Make sure you have the following documents click here
Canal Alliance will be conducting a forum on Thursday 12/4 in our offices to talk about the order, who qualifies and what you'll need to do. To sign in call 415-454-2640