REMEMBER: You will NOT be asked about your immigration status when you report a crime to the police.
Please, report a crime to prevent further crimes and protect others from becoming victims. Please, help us keep our community safe.
You can only submit an online report for crimes associated with lost property, vandalism, identity theft, theft, and vehicle burglary.
For all other crimes, please call San Rafael Police Department’s Non-Emergency Line: (415) 485-3000 or go to the San Rafael’s police station located at 1400 Fifth Avenue, San Rafael, CA 94901.
The San Rafael police station has bilingual officers and translators to answer your questions and concerns.
Instructions to Report A Crime Online to the San Rafael Police
Step 1: Please make sure you meet the following criteria:
- Crime has already occurred in the City of San Rafael
- You have no knowledge of who committed the crime
- You have an email address
- ID not required for an online report
Step 2: Please access a computer or phone with internet
- Please click here report a crime to the San Rafael Police Department
Step 3: Once you are on the internet site, please select the type of crime you wish to report, such as:
- Lost Property
- Identity Theft
- Vehicle Burglary
If the crime is not listed above, please go to the San Rafael police station.
Step 4: Please complete the sections included on the form
- Complete each section of the online form
- Red Asterisk (*) means that the information is required to file the report